KEEP OUR SUBURBS LIVEABLE
– Protect our parks, creeks and green spaces by opposing Labor’s sell-offs.
– Ban political donations from property developers and protect our community with stricter standards so big developers can’t build huge, low-quality skyscrapers.
SCHOOLS AND HEALTH
– Increase funding for our schools, childcare and kindergartens. Ensure funding is transparent and needs based. Get politics out of our school funding so kids don’t have to wait for a by-election for the funding they need.
– Oppose the old parties’ cuts to universities and TAFE.
– Invest in our hospitals and preventative health.
CLEAN, FAST, UNCROWDED PUBLIC TRANSPORT
– Invest in more trams, to ease overcrowding on routes 86 and 11.
– Install high-speed signalling so we can run more trains, more often.
– Install local electric vehicle charging stations to jumpstart our electric car future here in Northcote.
– For years Labor and the Liberals have supported a rigged system that gives tax hand-outs to those buying multiple properties through negative gearing and capital gains tax discounts. We stand against these unfair tax breaks for super wealthy investors.
– Introduce long-term leases for renters, cap rent to inflation, welcome pets, introduce minimum energy efficiency standards for rental properties and make sure your landlord can’t kick you out for no reason.
– Oppose Labor’s plan to sell 80 per cent of our public housing land to private developers.
CLEAN ENERGY — NOT COAL
– Oppose the Labor Government’s ‘open for business’ policy on coal. Transition Victoria to renewable energy.
– Guarantee people with solar panels are paid a fair price for the energy they feed back into the grid.
– Take action on the climate change emergency with a Solar Bank to make renewable energy and storage more affordable locally and invest in large-scale energy efficiency.
CARE FOR PEOPLE AND COUNTRY
– Create the Great Forest National Park to stop Labor’s logging in Victoria’s forests.
– Facilitate Clan-based Treaty conversations in Victoria.
– Toughen laws to stop problem pokies. End big donations from the gambling industry to the Labor and Liberal parties.
– End cruel animal sports such as greyhound racing, duck shooting and horse jumping.